Moulin Lake Carp Fishing Rules
Firstly we hope you’ll agree these simple rules are to protect the carp and surroundings. We all want to keep the fish, lake and environment in pristine condition for everybody’s future enjoyment. Much is just common-sense. We’re sure you will understand.
NO swimming in the lake.
NO fires or BBQ’s around the lake.
NO litter. Everything, bottles/tops, cigarette ends, in the black bins.
NO children Under-12 around the lake unless supervised by an adult.
RESPECT and do not disturb other anglers or damage any natural wildlife and vegetation.
1. Maximum two rods per angler.
2. Rods should NEVER be left unattended when lines are in the lake.
3. Alarms must be set LOW. NO remote ‘walkie-talkie’ distance devices linked to alarms.
4. Barbless or micro-barb hooks ONLY. No bent rig hooks of ANY kind.
5. NO braided mainline or fixed leads or lead core of ANY sort.
6. Semi-fixed leads ONLY - with release clips cut back to allow lead to free if snagged.
7. NO death or fixed rigs.
8. Rig tubing at least 700mm/28ins on lines to prevent scale or fin damage.
9. Minimum 15lbs breaking strain mainline.
10. NO sacking or retaining of carp allowed. Removal of fish strictly prohibited.
11. Fishing is from the designated swims or island only. Bait boats permitted.
12. No particles allowed (dog/cat biscuits or any nuts whatsoever) and no prepared particles or carp pellets unless supplied or approved by us. Tinned sweetcorn allowed.
13. Only decent quality bait allowed. We will halt any use of inferior quality boilies.
14. A minimum size knotless disinfected landing net of 42 inches MUST be used for carp.
15. Suitably large and padded unhooking-mats or carp cradles and weigh slings to be used at ALL times. If hot, keep mat or cradle and fish wet.
16. Do NOT weigh carp in landing nets. Carp must be moved in proper weigh slings only.
17. Do NOT stand-up holding carp for photos and return fish to water ASAP.
18. Essential Carp Care: 'Klin-ik' or ‘Prologic Steri-7 Xtra Fish Care’ antiseptic or equivalent, MUST be used at all times to treat mouths and abrasions.
19. The person who made the holiday booking is responsible for their group. Any breaking or bending of these rules means - without exception - instant termination of the whole group’s booking and total loss of Security Deposit.
20. The owners reserve the right to inspect your fishing tackle or any bait and amend or change these rules at any time.